Korea Airports Corporation was established in 1980 to promote the efficient construction, management, and operation of airports and the smoothness of air transportation. As an airport management specializing organization, KAC manages and operates total of 14 airports in Korea including Gimpo, Gimhae, Jeju, Daegu, Gwangju, Cheongju, and Yangyang International Airport. KAC also manages the Area Control Center, 9 VOR/TACs and Korea Civil Aviation Academy.
Under the Vision 2020, we aim to create "Biz & Life", as a globally recognized organization specializing in airport management that provides impressive customer services and fulfilling its social responsibilities. Highly committed to value , developing aviation safety and achieving customers satisfaction, KAC will continue to provide service which employees can be proud of, satisfying the public and earning the trust of the customers managerial standards and operational excellence in building public confidence.
Following the trend of world's airport management, KAC has been proceeding with a project called Skycity. Under Skycity project, KAC has built shopping and leisure town, medical facilities, and cultural places that combine environmentally friendly cultural space and commercial facilities together to transform Gimpo International Airport into an airport of new concept.
Also KAC is currently operating Gimpo-Haneda route and Gimpo-Hongqiao route, which offer the fastest air way from Seoul to Tokyo, and from Seoul to Shanghai. As well, with the accumulated managerial know-how's and constant research and development, KAC is leading the aviation IT technology through developing its own IT products such as DVOR, FIS(Flight Information System), and RFID(Radio Frequency Identification). KAC is planning to focus on investing in improvement of the foremost safety and customer service to fulfill the basic duties of KAC. As well, with the know-how's gained from 28 years of airport management and operation, KAC will strive to work harder to establish the honor as a "globally recognized organization specializing in airport operation and management"
Korea Airports Corporation was established in 1980 to promote the efficient construction, management, and operation of airports and the smoothness of air transportation
- As efficiently construct and operate the airports
- For promoting airport transportation
- Contribution to national economic development and promotion of public well-being
- Management and operation of 14 airport nationwide
(7 domestic airports, 7 international airports)
- Project on construction, expansion and improvement for airport facilities
- Project on research & study and development of technology related on construction, management, operation for airport facilities
- Produce-Sale-Export the system, which is developed by KAC's research and development, airport consulting, and overseas airport operation
- Projects delegated by local or national government for construction, management and operation of airports